XboxHacker BBS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 29, 2014, 11:47:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it possible to unmodify the Xbox 360 which is FW modded?I have  (Read 8175 times)
oj

View Profile
« on: July 12, 2006, 03:36:36 PM »

I had my Xbox360 firmware modded last month.  I am just wondering if it is possible to restore the Xbox 360 to its original firmware so that it is no longer modded.   

Just incase Microsoft bans all accounts with modded xbox 360 machines, then I could just unmod the xbox 360.

chalosf

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2006, 04:16:03 PM »

i think the only way is if you have the original firmware
carranzafp
Master Hacker

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2006, 04:49:10 PM »

Of course it is possible, you can use your original firmware image that you have backed up....   

Dont have a backup? well you are in 1 of 2 scenarios:

a) You have a Samsung Drive: Read the firmware, extract the keys and patch those keys over a CLEAN, UNHACKED samsung firmware image and flash the resulting image on your drive.

b) You have a Hitachi, grab some SAME version (46DH,47DJ,47DH) firmware CLEAN, UNHACKED and ENCRYPTED and do a Restore with that image. (since no keys are overwritten there is no need to do key patching)

If the problem is that you dont know how to flash your drive there are plenty of topics with that information, use "geebee manual" on the search button
chalosf

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2006, 06:10:34 PM »

Wait so if I have a samsung and lost the original firmware I can just use the hacked firmware and with KDX take out my key then borrow my friends original unhacked samsung firmware and just patch it with my key and then my samsung is back to stock?
jhyphinwill
Master Hacker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2006, 06:32:01 PM »

yes as long as you have your key
jeep77

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2006, 06:33:49 PM »

Would the master checksum be correct doing option b below on a hitachi?

Of course it is possible, you can use your original firmware image that you have backed up....   

Dont have a backup? well you are in 1 of 2 scenarios:

a) You have a Samsung Drive: Read the firmware, extract the keys and patch those keys over a CLEAN, UNHACKED samsung firmware image and flash the resulting image on your drive.

b) You have a Hitachi, grab some SAME version (46DH,47DJ,47DH) firmware CLEAN, UNHACKED and ENCRYPTED and do a Restore with that image. (since no keys are overwritten there is no need to do key patching)

If the problem is that you dont know how to flash your drive there are plenty of topics with that information, use "geebee manual" on the search button

oj

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2006, 07:53:32 PM »

I got it modified from the store I bought it from.   I could just ask the guy to unmod it for me.  I am sure he will have the original firmware.  I think my xbox360 use the hitachi drive.

What do you guys think?   Microsoft has already started to block modded xbox360 units from accessing XBox Live!

Has anyone got banned yet from playing xbox live!

I have accessed XBox Live! and downloaded demos without any problem.   

Or is it that the real test will be if I am able to play a game online or not?
carranzafp
Master Hacker

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2006, 08:30:05 PM »

Would the master checksum be correct doing option b below on a hitachi?

Well that depends on how you restore it, if you use Garyopa Restore.bat then the Checksum it is not back to original, it stays on Master Checksum, you can do the following command to patch the original checksum:

47flash e original-e.bin 9003e000 1000

where 47flash is the flash program for the 47D version, CAUTION, there are several flashers depending on your drive version (47,46,59, etc) , if you are unsure because you can not find it on the folder of the garyopa release, then ASK here. And "e" is the letter of your drive (dont copy paste it, see wich letter is your hitachi drive), and original-e.bin is the name of your original firmware. TAKE note that this should be an ENCRYPTED IMAGE because if you use the image that the FLASH.bat gives you that is an UNENCRYPTED image, so you must do a firm e original.bin original-e.bin command first.

Garyopa does not patch the original checksum to give an extra safety measure in case of your drive not being 100% fully restored. (It will work ok with the master checksum indeed).

In case of the Birdy Friendly Flasher it does a full restore including your original checksum, so it is 100% in stock version.

What do you guys think?   Microsoft has already started to block modded xbox360 units from accessing XBox Live!

At this moment it is possible to play online with the hacked firmware, but if you want to be 100% secure then un-mod it.
Wait, why do you purchase it modded in first place?, you surely have payed more than an original unmodded xbox value !!!
« Last Edit: July 12, 2006, 08:36:41 PM by carranzafp » Logged
jeep77

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2006, 09:13:37 PM »

carranzafp, thanks for the info! I overwrote my original firmware. Is there anyway I can get my original checksum? I have the original firmware from another drive.
cajunsniper
Master Hacker

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2006, 10:36:43 PM »

Microsoft al ready have your info they been gathering info on hack 360 so i dont think that unmodding it will save your ass
they are going to do a mass ban that my opinion
oj

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2006, 10:40:48 PM »

Microsoft al ready have your info they been gathering info on hack 360 so i dont think that unmodding it will save your ass

How do you know they already have our info? 

oj

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2006, 10:42:00 PM »

Anyone here has been playing on Xbox Live! with a modded Xbox360 and a backup game?

Anyone got banned yet?
carranzafp
Master Hacker

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2006, 11:50:05 AM »

Pure speculation....  I dont think they can bann somebody based on previous info (you can win a trial)...  but who knows, I am not lawyer
The M.A.R.T.
Master Hacker

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2006, 12:08:23 PM »

Pure speculation....  I dont think they can bann somebody based on previous info (you can win a trial)...  but who knows, I am not lawyer

Theoretical yes they could. Banning is always done afterwards, if it takes one hour, one day or one month it doesn't matter.

If you have been doing illegal things, it doesn't matter. You have an end user agreement you take by buying the console. One broke the rules, bans are possible. That's the risk you take by having your console modded.

I read someone is saying people already got banned from Live with the 360 FW hack. Is there any proof for that? Haven't seen it anywhere yet
oj

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2006, 01:31:02 PM »

I went back to the shop and returned the modded Xbox 360 and got a new unmodded Xbox 360.

Do you think I will stil lhave a problem.

I had a 30 months free trial membership, which expired before I got my previous Xbox 360 modded so I was only using the silver account to only download demos.   I never played a single game online since I bought the Xbox 360 till today.  Only downloaded demos.

Now I think I should just play one game at a time and enjoy xbox Live!

Hope I don't get banned with my new unmodded xbox 360 console.
Pages: 1
  Print  

Jump to: